Three meals a day

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I want to protect. They don't want protection. I want them to love life and see good days. They embrace a world that calls good evil and evil good. They follow a culture that idolizes the temporal and ignores life.
Jesus I am resting, resting
In the Joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart.


Confrontation is needed. Do I have to reveal my sources? Do I have to listen to their excuses and rationalizations and justifications and denials?
Thou hast bid me gaze upon Thee,
And Thy beauty fills my soul,
For by Thy transforming power
Thou hast made me whole.


My source's heart is now unburdened. The burden has transferred to my heart.
O how great Thy loving kindness.
Vaster, broader than the sea!
O how marvelous Thy goodness,
Lavished all on me!


Today is not the right day to confront. I don't have my other half for support. What do I do with the upcoming requests for more world-engagement?
Yes, I rest in Thee, Beloved,
Know Thy certainty of promise,
Know what wealth of grace is Thine,
And have made it mine.

The anger of betrayal wells up. It is not a righteous anger. How do I interact with the weeds where I planted flowers and prevent my unrighteousness from fertilizing the weeds?
Simply trusting Thee, Lord Jesus,
I behold Thee as Thou art,
And Thy love, so pure, so changeless,
Satisfies my heart;


I have an inkling of my own depraved heart. I recognize my need for a non-stop shower of grace. My weeds think of themselves as flowers and profess an infatuation with desert conditions.
Satisfies its deepest longings,
Meets supplies its every need,
Compasseth me round with blessings;
Thine is love indeed!


I wait, with no patience. I wait for the common grace that has them doting on puppies while they fill their ears and heads with violence to be saving grace.
Ever lift Thy face upon me,
As I work and wait for Thee;
Resting 'neath Thy smile, Lord Jesus,
Earth's dark shadows flee.


One of my sin-riddled progeny labors to repair a computer with a corrupted registry. The parallel is obvious to me. Yet the work is done in oblivion. Only One can completely reformat a system; a mindset; a lifestyle; a heart.
Brightness of my Father's glory,
Sunshine of my Father's face,
Keep me ever trusting, resting;
Fill me with Thy grace.


Jesus I am resting, resting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home